The Schiffman's Difference
OUR ROLEX HISTORY
For over 128 years, Schiffman's Jewelers has remained unsurpassed as the Triad's premier family-owned and operated luxury retail jeweler. When Simon Schiffman opened the doors to his store in 1893, he was driven by a deep passion for excellence. It is that same quality that has always drawn the most discerning individuals to Rolex, and Schiffman's Jewelers is proud to hold the title of Official Rolex Jeweler for many years.
The history of Schiffman’s Jewelers is itself the personification of an American Dream that began in the early 1890s just as Greensboro, North Carolina was emerging as an important center of the Southern textile industry and transportation hub for the state. Our first location was opened at 306 Elm Street in downtown.
In 1971, Schiffman’s opened a second location in Greensboro, a 4,000 square foot store at the new Friendly Shopping Center in Greensboro.
Schiffman's moved into the Winston-Salem market when our third generation owner, Tony, purchased McPhail’s Jewelers. Because of the location’s close proximity to Greensboro, he changed the name of the firm to Schiffman’s Jewelers.
Marking 50 years in Friendly Shopping Center, Schiffman's Jewelers decided to invest in growing the original location from 4,000 to 7,500 square feet and reintroduce it to the Triad as our flagship store. Our renovated space marks a new era in our history as grow into our 5th and 6th generations of ownership.